Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Bostonius reaches 6 months of age

Well, hello. Boston turns 7 months tomorrow so I figured I'd better get his 6 month post up! Here is an update on his 6 month old self, along with tremendously cute photos.

getting so big!

I can't get enough of his cuteness. I just can't.

Physical
Boston basically loves sitting these days. He prefers to sit or stand and play instead of laying on his back. He does love a good investigative session on his belly, but gets frustrated eventually by his limited view and inability to move around, except rotating some sweet 360s on his tum-tum. He likes to walk everywhere and check out a new vantage point, and sits pretty well with the occasional tumble, so I keep pillows behind him still! He loves swimming--splashing around and kicking his legs and wiggling his little bum like a fish. SO. ADORABLE. He eats lots of new foods including sweet potato, squash, banana, etc. He jumps around lots and is developing his leg muscles. I asked Jason what some of his 6 month developments were and he said, "He's become more awesome than anyone would have ever imagined." I think that pretty much covers it. :) At his 6 month appointment, he was 18 pounds (chunky chunkers!) and 25 inches, I think. 50th percentile for weight and just below that for height.

jumping
swimming!

 waking up cheerful as always

wearing Daddy's old trousers
 
 eating delicious food

 napping on his side is the preferred method. and feet intertwined between two rails.

Intellectual
Boston loves scratching things with his fingers and trying to figure out what things make what noises. He loves playing with the blinds in the morning and watching the effect of pulling down the strings to shut them. I don't think he's figured out cause and effect yet, but he's pretty fascinated with it. We play a lot of peek-a-boo lately also, and he's starting to realize that if I go into another room, I don't cease to exist. It's fun to see him start to enjoy this game. He gets a super intent look on his face when he is trying to figure out how to grab things and figure out how to insert them into his mouth. He continues to be very curious and can hardly nurse at church in the mothers' room because he is so intent on figuring out where that voice is coming from! I think he's pretty much a genius.

insert hands into mouth


Social
B continues to be a social butterfly. He is now interested in babies' faces and in interacting with them, whereas before he would only look at adults. Now he wants to grab everyone's noses and eat them and stick his hands in their mouths. He still saves his most excited smiles (accompanied with jumping) for Dad and Mom, but he will turn on the charm for all the ladies, as long as their voices aren't very shrill. He seems to react to shrill voices with wariness. He loves crowds and social gatherings and always wants to be a part of the fun... always trying to get someone's attention so he can engage them in a conversation, baby style. He says "ma ma ma" all the time and also "ba ba ba" and also can soak anyone within a 2 foot radius with his skillful raspberries.

playing with Great-Grandma R

our little man


Emotional
Boston is still the most happy kid I have had the pleasure of being around. I feel pretty lucky. He shows impatience when I am not feeding him his yogurt cereal quickly enough, or when he can't reach something he wants. He started to whine at me super loudly for a while about getting things that he wanted and getting them RIGHT NOW but I informed him with my look that whining was not an appropriate way of communicating. Haha. He stopped pretty quick when he didn't see results. Phew. He looooooves laughing and will smile spontaneously and laugh at pretty much everything. He loves to laugh with other kids who are laughing. Boston is extremely ticklish and loves to be tickled on his feet and under his neck and also laughs a lot when I am changing his diaper. Funny kid. I think he can tell how much his daddy loves him because he always lights right up when he sees the painting of us that Danelle did and tries to chat with Dad. So cute.  


tickles!



Everyone tells me that this is such a fun age, and THEY ARE RIGHT. What a great time I have with my little buddy.


4 comments:

  1. Oh he's such a cutie! I can't believe how big he's getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so adorable. You guys are one lucky family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! P.S. Good work being stern about the whining. :)

    ReplyDelete